The Swedish massage, also known as Classic massage, was discovered by Swedish physiologist Dr Per Henrik Ling in the 1830s at Stockholm University.
Swedish spa is a full body massage along with head massage, preferred for people with high anxiety and touching sensitivity.
As the classic version of a spa, it’s the most preferred spa for beginners.
Method of Swedish massage :
- Effleurage: Relaxing soft tissue using smooth and gliding strokes is the process of a Swedish massage.
- Vibration: It includes some oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Friction: Using deep circular motions with the palm or fingers or thumbs Swedish massage gets done.
- Petrissage: Squeezing, kneading and rolling is included in the Swedish spa.
- Hacking: Here the therapist slaps lightly and also chops in karate style.
- Tapotement: Therapist taps with cupped hands/edge of hands or fingers.
Unlike Thai, massage therapists use oil or lotion to massage your body parts in Swedish massage. Although it is a full body massage, it’s best to keep your undergarments on.
Benefits of Swedish massage :
- Helps to stretch the ligaments as well as tendons and keeps them flexible.
- Stimulates the skin and soothes the nervous system.
- Reduces stress on a physical and mental level. Helps people with arthritis, chronic pain, backache, headache the most effective way. Moreover, it eases neck, shoulder pain successfully.
- Increases oxygen flow in the blood thus removes toxins out of the body.
- Raises serotonin secretion which promotes relaxation of body and mind. Gives a longer and better sleeping experience at night.
- Improves posture, muscle strength.
- Decreases muscle tension.
- It is a great immunity and energy booster.
- Breaks down scar tissues.
- Some researchers say Swedish spa can be great therapy for people who suffer from cancer, heart disease, stomach problems, and fibromyalgia. However, it is recommended to consult with your doctor before fixing an appointment.
Things to remember :
- Avoid heavy meals before and after the Swedish spa.
- Talk to your therapist about your
medical history before the spa session.
- Keep yourself hydrated before getting a Swedish spa.
- Get ready with a long hot shower before your Swedish spa appointment.
- Breathe deeply and calmly as it increases oxygen supply in the blood.
- Share your discomfort with your therapist and guide them if needed.
- If you want to get a massage for a specific part of your body, discuss the matter before fixing an appointment.
People who take Swedish spas frequently live a healthier life than others. It not only improves your health but pacifies your mind and soul.
Come to our place, Sunrise Beauty Spa for getting a perfect Swedish spa, now available in Bangalore.