In ancient India, Full body massage was considered an ayurvedic medicine to cure sickness.
Full body massage has been practised as the best natural healing process all over the world. In a Full body massage therapist manipulates the soft tissues of your body to reduce your physical and psychological stress.
Methods of full body massage :
Full body massage is a well-structured process of relaxation therapy applying tension, motion, compression and vibration.
The most popular full body massages are Swedish massage, Deep tissue massage, Hot stone massage, Thai massage.
- Therapists perform full body massage using slightly hot oil or lotion.
- Full body massage includes gentle strokes, stretching, softening, lengthening and some different forms of yoga. The therapist uses their hands, palms, forearms, fingers even feet while massaging.
- In a Full body massage therapist works on the main body parts like head, neck, hands, arms, back, shoulders, legs and feet.
- It gets started with the neck and shoulder. Then the massage follows the lower to upper body parts.
Feet < legs < back < hands and arms
and eventually, the massage ends up with a gentle head massage.
Benefits of full body massage :
- Relieves joint pains, muscle fatigue and increases muscle flexibility.
(helps patients with arthritis, chronic pain and fibromyalgia)
- As body massage reduces the cortisol levels in your body, your blood pressure automatically decreases and it normalizes your heart rate.
- Boosts immunity and makes you feel energetic by removing toxins from your body.
- Improves blood circulation and oxygen supply throughout the body.
- Generally, people with hectic schedules use full body massage to cut down their depression and anxiety. Massage strokes increase serotonin and dopamine secretion and relax your mind.
- Fixes frozen shoulder, back pain, neck pain.
- Cures Insomnia by helping to get long and deep sleep.
- Deteriorates ageing promotes glowing skin.
- According to some research, it is beneficial for breast cancer’s patients too.
Things to remember :
- Avoid heavy meals and drink enough water before and after the body massage.
- Deep breathing eases the whole process.
- Share your medical history before the session.
- Inform about your problem areas to your therapist.
- Although taking off your clothes helps the procedure keep yourself comfortable.
The Full body massage has immense benefits to your overall body and mind. For a healthier and happier life, it’s a great way to use Ayurveda in the form of a full body massage.
Full body massages are now available in your city Bangalore.